Lin Chi-ling's Manager Address Stunt Double Concerns On Chunwan

Lin Chi-ling Chunwan CCTV New Year Gala 2019
On the evening of Feb. 4, Lin Chi-ling worked together with the Liaoning Ballet Troupe and the Hunan Provincial Sports Synchronized Swimming Team to perform a water ballet called "Bloom" for the Chunwan CCTV New Year's Gala event.  This was Lin Chi-ling's first attempt at water ballet.

Lin Chi-ling Chunwan CCTV New Year Gala 2019
Lin Chi-ling's grace, aura and beauty even at the age of 44 awed viewers and the performance quickly went viral on social media. However, the praises were dampened when someone claiming to be Lin Chi-ling's double has said that she was very honored to be Lin Chi-ling's double and that it was an unforgettable experience. 

There were those that told off the netizen for seeking attention, but it also got some people asking questions. Some netizens questioned the proportion of Lin Chi-ling's legs when she dove into the water, fueling speculations that she had used a stunt double.  

Lin Chi-ling Chunwan CCTV New Year Gala 2019
Lin Chi-ling's manager responds to the rumors and says, "90% of the ballet number was done by Lin Chi-ling.  Directors had the final say with the remaining 10% and I had hoped that professionals would do the more difficult parts."  Her manager also conveyed Lin Chi-ling's gratitude to the stunt double behind the scenes.  

At the end of the day, the organizers of the the New Year Gala event have said that it is a show and not a reality program.  They also said that safety measures are taken for every performance. 

Lin Chi-ling Chunwan CCTV New Year Gala 2019
See her spectacular performance here. Should the stunt double even be an issue? 

Source:  1  2  




2 comments:

  1. you can barely tell her apart in the video anw, but Chinais really no joke when it comes to celebration lol they go all out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Isn't it career suicide for the stunt double? Usually stars get all sorts of flack for hiring stunt doubles, so they try to keep it hush hush. This lady outed herself once. I don't think many people will want to work with her anymore..

    ReplyDelete